• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

How to set my lights for octopus tank?

DWhatly,
most of the eggs hatched 2 days ago. there are some hatcling in main dt and a lot in filter socks in sump.
should I return the hatchling form the filter socks to main dt??
I have feed reef roids twice. not sure if they eat.

some octo are still in eggs.
please look at photo attached. photo not so good becuase mother places them in a place twhere they more a lot with flow
mature eggs.jpg

thanks for your answer

Eggs may hatch over as much as a 10 day (possibly even 2 week) period. The eggs in the picture look very viable and should hatch.

I am not sure how to advise about the hatchlings in the socks. I would experiment by leaving some in the sock, possibly some in the sump and others in the main display. I am particularly interested to know if the ones in the sump live longer than the others but it will be hard to be sure if there is a difference, particularly since you still have many more to hatch.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back