• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks, like Site Search. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more cephy goodness.

How to acclimate baby cuttles

asid61

GPO
Registered
Hi

I was thinking about getting a cuttle from NY aquatics, and I wanted to get get the baby cuttles they sell. How should I go about acclimating them to my tank? Should i just do a 3-hour drip acclimation?:confused:

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
with shipping from NY to Cali your better off getting the eggs not the hatchlings. The babies don't ship well at all.

As for acclimation a regular 2-3 hour drip is good.

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I hate to do it, but I disagree.
Hatchlings have shipped well for me from SF to all over the US. Truthfully, 2-3 monthers ship pretty well too. I also disagree about the longer acclimations - 30 minutes tops. :biggrin2:

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
oops, that's another topic for the common misconception thread. When I tried cuttles last year, that's what I was told time and time again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
offtropic

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak