• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

how much light do octo's need?

it's going great,
just 7 stiches and tenatus shot (from working on the sump) :bugout:
So, I finished the sump, and it's been runing since.
the under cabinet light burned out after 3 weeks, so I went with
flourecent bulbs.

the tank has cycled with 1 molly and 4 YT damsels.
now I'm just waiting on the LFS to get an octo in.
It was ordered last week, but never showed up.
perhaps next week.

good to hear you are okay!

i got stiches and a tetanus from a glass cut last year too!

Did you see the fishsupply.com link on the site? they ship bimacs...

C

Hey Colin, and anyone else that's been keeping up with the updates.

The BI-mac was ordered last monday, but the boss-man (owner) said to cancel and order 30-40 captive breed clowns from ORA.
finding nemo is coming out (need I say more?)

so i'll need to wait until next week and hope it'll be on the wish list.

I think I've got the octo paid for by now, I just took in 2 toadstool corals
as a gift.

(Anybody need 1, I've got another that'll be ready for trade in 2-3 weeks)

Oh my...hehe...that's amusing. Here's this movie about a clownfish dad trying to rescue his son, captured for the aquarium trade, and people will now rush out to buy clownfish! :lol: hehe. I know, they're captive bred, and of course clownfish aren't sentient and sentimental like what's in the movie...just thought it a bit ironic...

rusty

I must admit defeat.
While I was cleaning some tanks at the LFS last night, a small scorpion fish caught my eye and...

now he resides in what was to be my octo tank.

anyone think they will go together?

I understand the frustration...I have had tanks set up before, for months...and you just keep waiting, and waiting and waiting....oh well...cephs are worth the wait! Guess it's time for another tank! :smile:
Greg

KIA

nah, i dont think they will live together, too bad isnt it? It would be a cool combination but I dont fancy the chances.

Patience is key, even if it does drive you up the wall! LOL

I have a Scorpion in my 37gal eclipse community tank, well, let me revise that- it was sold as a scorpion, but its actually a white-faced wasp fish and I LOVE the little guy! he has so much personality, he begs for food, perches like a goby, and doesn't mess with anyone. When he gets excited, his crest of spines goes up like a Cockatoo.
Currently he's in with a niger trigger and a small domino damsel. In the past has lived happily with a small dragon wrasse, a flame angel a volitan lion and a humu trigger.
I'll post a pic of him when I get home.
IF you can find one I really reccomend these guys, but BE CAREFUL: the small amount of info I could find said they pack a pretty good punch if ya get poked!

-V

great pic.

I definetly(sp) have a scorpion.
I've been eyeing him up for about 3 weeks, the selling point was when I feed the tank and he/she ate pellets.

I feel it was the right decision, I don't think I can afford to feed an octo right now,
new house
growing kids

I'm trying to get my sister-in-law to pet him, just to see what happens :twisted: :wink:

if he does fine with the damsels I have in the tank, then into the reef it goes.. then the octo can come home.

hey venom, I narrowed it down to a scorpaena notata.

I went into the LFS today, and was told I wouldn't be able to order the octo for about another month if I was lucky, (something about the master plan to take over the world or something)
So I'm happy about the decision.
hope you guy's wont kick me off the board now :wink:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back