How much is this nautiloid

it is more flat than cylindrical, it might be one of those Endoceras things I looked it up on the site phil sent me and it is from the same rock formation. There are some bryozoan pieces and other little things, some gastropods too. One big one is where the triangular tip of the rock is and another is tiny and on the back. I look at it with my microscope all the time. Do you know how much something like it is worth. This close-up picture might help see things better and the other picture is at an angle too if that helps.

thanks

Fossil man

Attachments

• conv_287688.jpg
    conv_287688.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 75
  • conv_287689.jpg
    conv_287689.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 77

Architeuthoceras

Architeuthis
Staff member
Nice close-ups. I dont think the piece is from a cephalopod anymore :oops: looks more like an abraded bivalve or part of a trilobite.

I have no idea how much it is worth in $, but if you enjoy looking at it and studying it, it has an enormous curiosity value :wink:

cheers Kevin for linking Fossil man up with the naut pics.
Cheers Fossil man, all the glory is really for my eagle eyed better 'alf, I was too busy with the fishing masterclass ! :biggrin2:

as your specimen is the only one of it's kind in the known universe (which is quite large) & fairly old at 451-443my, I'd say it's priceless

Keef

oscar

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
i will look at getting my computer set up to post some pictures of my nautilus fossils!!! They are really nice black stone (dunno but it looks like marble or something...?)