• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

How much epoxy?

Gorrilla Glue Good! Epoxy bad!

I used it in Trapper's tank and on 1/3 of my 4' live rock wall. If I had started with it on my LR wall it would have taken a day in stead of 2 weeks (in the tub w/sw) and would have stayed together much better. It dries in about 4 hours. Be careful if you use it in a wet tank (yes, that works but don't use it in a populated tank) because you will get a scum that could stick to your tank walls (it is messy). A piece of paper towel draped about 3" into the water will take care of any issues and the scum dries quickly and lifts out without a problem.

It is my very favorite glue when pretty is not a concern. Be aware that it will expand and bubble but it still looks and holds 1,000 times better than epoxy (moving your rock around afterwards is not an option).

Heh, I'm going to wally world tonight to stock up on Gorilla Glue. I'm letting it dry outside the water (only option, seeing as how I have no water in the tank), then once I get the sand in the tank (which I ordered this morning) [household chores = $$$ over long periods of time] I'm gonna set the rcks up in two different "piles", and hopefully this is gonna look pretty good for a lot cheaper than epoxy. Thanks everyone, you've saved me A LOT of money and now I'm well on my way to an octo tank!

Ty,
Just remember it is messy and not a putty so take your time and put the rock on top of some plastic garbage bags where you can leave them for about 4 hours (24 wouldn't hurt but you should be able to move your new sculpture in 4). It does expand so use less than you think you need.

Ok, I'll make sure of that...last time I used it I glued my fingers together...that wasn't cool. But either way, it's gonna get to dry for about two weeks, cause that's when I'm getting to set up my tank...yay!

Well, last night I glued most of my rocks together. This morning, when I got up, well, those rocks aren't coming apart. I will never again underestimate the power of gorilla glue. One of the rocks was stuck to the carpet...wow. Well, the rocks are ready now, so thanks everyone.

Yeah she was ok with it. We're pretty lenient around here. It was actually pretty funny to see me tugging on a rock that was, for no apparent reason, not letting go of the carpet I guess. I had to take all of the other rocks off the towel and pull and tug with both hands until the friggin thing let go. Then I had to cut the towel stings off of the rock...gorilla glue is strong!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back