How many keep seahorses and Cephs?

Jean,
It is strange how different reality is from what you find on the net. I looked up carpet shark and found several references to their very sharp teeth and one story of a snorkler that had one attache to his leg and would not let go until he DROVE to a site with life guards and they poured freshwater on its gills.

I know a lot about the tall tank issues! My horse reef is 3 feet tall (my arm is not and the hood is not tall enough to give me maximum arm length anyway) and I have a 4 foot tall skinny tank that I can only clean about 1/2 way by hand ;>).

tube worm

:confused: Hi I this came from a longliner, working some place in cook strait, looks like a type of (tube worm), I could be wrong, what do you experts think? :confused:

Attachments

• conv_290239.jpg
    conv_290239.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 71
dwhatley;87697 said:
Jean,
It is strange how different reality is from what you find on the net. I looked up carpet shark and found several references to their very sharp teeth and one story of a snorkler that had one attache to his leg and would not let go until he DROVE to a site with life guards and they poured freshwater on its gills.

I know a lot about the tall tank issues! My horse reef is 3 feet tall (my arm is not and the hood is not tall enough to give me maximum arm length anyway) and I have a 4 foot tall skinny tank that I can only clean about 1/2 way by hand ;>).

Probably a different species. I hate common names :biggrin2: Ours has only got 2-3 mm long teeth, I doubt it could latch on and hold something as big as a snorklers leg (I heard that story too!). Ours seem to be primarily scavengers who also eat small crabs etc

We have a special siphon for our horse tank (its about 5.5-6.0 feet tall) and it can be disassembled and the bottom removed for a really good scrub.

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back