• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

how does this setup sound?>OCTO

brett

O. vulgaris
Registered
40 gallon acrylic, 40 lbs. LR, PVC pipes, sand/aragonite, aquaC remora skimmer, 25 gallon sump/FUGE, (hole in the wall overflow), octopus bimaculoides,mag pump for return water??? seperate 15 gallon live food tank... what are your thoughts on the setup/ equipment and how should i screen the overflow without reducing its flow?

brett

O. vulgaris
Registered
ok fine sand it is. I was planning on using the room's temperature to keep the tank warm enough. i live in oregon so the temperature stays pretty solid doesnt sway much... i already bought the 40 gallon (way cheaper) thanks for the pics dude.

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
thats perfectly okay for an octo.. every other day is fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean