• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

How can I interact safely... without gloves?

The thread title pretty much sums it up. My octopus doesn’t seem to like the taste of my gloves. I would like to know how to interact safely without gloves in a way that I cannot be bitten by doing. Do any of you know of a way?
Thanks,
Squirrel1

Yours is not the first report of an octopus not liking gloves. If you read the many octopus journals here online, you will notice that most people do not wear gloves. You can control the situation so that the octopus is not bringing its beak to touch your hand. Mostly, it’s not a problem.

Nancy

Yours is not the first report of an octopus not liking gloves. If you read the many octopus journals here online, you will notice that most people do not wear gloves. You can control the situation so that the octopus is not bringing its beak to touch your hand. Mostly, it’s not a problem.

Nancy
How could I prevent him from not getting his beak near me?
Thanks

Depending on the size of your octo, keeping away from the beak is pretty easy. Always keep one hand free in the event something unforeseen happens, and be assertive if need be. typically octos will be lax with people when skin on skin is occurring.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back