• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

How can I get a Bimac?

m8298

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hi, I joined Tonmo.com a few years ago, but I kinda stopped visiting when Octopets closed down. I have wanted a Bimac since the first time I read about them. At one point I set up a forty-gallon acrylic for one, only to find out that I couldn't find one to buy. I really want a captive bred octo, so that I know the exact age and species. I live in Michigan. Any sugggestions?

Last we heard, Zyan Silver's dad was going to continue the breeding project he left when he went to college. We haven't heard a report for months, but that seems like the best bet for bimacs. If we hear anything, it'll be posted in the "octopus availability" thread.

A more immediately viable option might be to expend your choices a bit; a lot of members have been having very good experiences with hummelincki, aculeatus, and briareus recently.

hummelincki is great, always out and interacting, small, and beautiful coloring. I think mine is the perfect choice as a pet in a reasonable sized aquarium. Similar to bimacs in many ways also, check them out.

Bimacs now seem to be available when someone is breeding them - or raising the hatchlings from eggs. They are not wild caught.

Right now there are none available and we haven't heard of concrete plans to provide bimacs for the market.

Fortunately there are many other species available now, so check them out. Look at the Octopus Abailability Forum at the top of this forum.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back