• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

how can i culture mysid shrimp? please help!

fishkid6692

Wonderpus
Registered
i want to culture mysid shrimp and need to know everything i need to do it. i need to know about pumps, tank size, what to put in the tank, what to feed them. and any other info will be great!

omg! lol

wow i don't have anywhere close to that much room. can i just buy mysid shrimp every week? just for curiosity how many mysids will a babie cuttle eat a day?

Depending on how many mysid you need you can use a couple 10 g. This will not yield very much (100 per week maybe) but is quite simple and efficient.

I can give you more information if you would like.

Greg

Greg,
If you have a formula for a 10 at 100/week PLEASE post it! Also, there are varying reports on the mysid (Steve has said the NZ kind don't eat each other) and I am wondering if where they come from (Atlantic, Gulf, Pacific) might be important.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back