[Octopus]: Houdini - O. Briareus Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's getting another growth spurt. I fed her again today, but this time she came after me. She also showed her size today. Spewed water at me as well cause I wouldn't let go of the skewer.

20141022_193353_zpswoiavrhz.jpg

20141022_193347_zpswmkk2xxp.jpg

Serpent right?

Right. Red brittles look like brittle starfish. Sometimes they look more brown than orange (I would not call their color red even though that is the common name) and often black stripes are visible on the arms. This one, however, is still OK for the aquarium. It is not the bright orange variety that I would love to find again though.

Serpent stars and brittle stars belong to the same class (Ophiuroidea), the main difference is that brittle stars have little spines on their appendages. Basket stars also belong to this class.

Well, we're taking the long drive to Inkmans tonight to deliver Houdini.

She's gotten much bigger. She's not too big, but I do not want to travel in the snow with her.

When we were getting her in the bucket tonight & she got ticked, then she inked pretty bad and I had to flush the bucket again so she had fresh water. Glad she did it though.

We have her in a new huge 5 Gallon bucket from Lowes with a lid secured on. The bucket is 4g/5g of the way full. I wanted as much water from our tank as possible so she could move about and not suffocate herself on Ink.

It was too dark, and I couldn't get photos before we left. Hopefully Inkman can get some of her in his new tank for me.

I'm gonna miss the crap out of her and our late night interactions.

I met Inkman halfway to deliver Houdini so I didn't have to travel later in the snow when she was absolutely too big to stay in the tank. He acclimated her and she was out and about at 4am and when he left @ 6 am to go hunting. He just came home and she was belly up. I'm in tears and so bummed.

:frown::goodbye:

Thank you to everyone who helped me with all 3 of my Octos. Your were such a tremendous help and it has been wonderful reading and learning with you all. My experiences I have had sofar I will always cherish.

I am worried that the created rocks may not have fully leached. Years ago we added a waterfall to a backyard freshwater pond and the leaching chemicals from the cement killed the fish. Unfortunately, other than PH, I don't know what to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back