Hoping to talk to someone about keeping an octopus.

Shemfogelman

Hatchling
Registered
Just got My first salt water tank and I’m hoping to find an experienced person to help me octopus proof it and also ensure the health of my further octopus. It’s an older tank and there are what looks like plenty of spaces for it to escape so I’m hoping for some insight on how exactly to go about that. I would honestly rather talk on the phone because my writing skills are terrible and I feel I can be more thorough through verbal conversation. If you have the time it would be much appreciated. Thanks In advance.

Attachments

• 4990DD50-30C9-4550-B3FE-3D67087FCB58.jpeg
    4990DD50-30C9-4550-B3FE-3D67087FCB58.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
Welcome to TONMO! Hopefully you'll find the kind of support you're looking for from one of our resident experts, but in the meantime, do read through our forums and articles, and try out the Search feature as well to get specific questions answered. I do know it will take you several months to cycle your tank before you consider adding an octopus to it. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Welcome to TONMO! Hopefully you'll find the kind of support you're looking for from one of our resident experts, but in the meantime, do read through our forums and articles, and try out the Search feature as well to get specific questions answered. I do know it will take you several months to cycle your tank before you consider adding an octopus to it. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!
Thank you!

Hi a glass canopy with some mesh like you would use to repair a screen window under it in the back. I duct taped it neatly to the back of the tank. This way any tubes or heaters can be put through it ! Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back