Hi there ,very new to the octo cult

Sepirez

Hatchling
Registered
Hi i live on the isle of Skye in Scotland,i have an 800l tank and most of my friends are fishermen so getting hold of a little 8 legged buddy will be easy as a cold water octo is my preference (and save them from becoming bate). Also plenty of fresh live food available.any advice for a beginner would be much appreciated.
also i`m very glad to find a forum that is as informative and helpful as this,hope you guys can help me too!!

Tom

Hi @cuttlegirl ,Im in the VERY early stages,got the tank sat in a garage just now until l i can have it moved inside (nearly a tonne in weight haha)and i can buy a couple of must haves(still researching those). Still getting my head around the way the sump works with the cooler,and the nitrates,alkalinity and well yes basically everything.Hoping maybe by next march sorta time i can have had it ready to rock for a month.a close friend of mine keeps tropical fish and another who used to own this tank kept cold water marine so Ive got plenty of tank set up help available,theres a lot to learn still for me though so be on standby :biggrin2:

also i`m very glad to find a forum that is as informative and helpful as this,hope you guys can help me too!!
:welcome: and thanks for joining!
a close friend of mine keeps tropical fish and another who used to own this tank kept cold water marine so Ive got plenty of tank set up help available
good deal! :cool2:
theres a lot to learn still for me though so be on standby :biggrin2:
we will! And remember, Search is your friend :smile2:

LOL, usually when someone mentions their tank size in liters it sounds large until I Google the conversion and then I worry about it being big enough, especially since you will be keeping a cold water vulgaris (the Caribbean warmer water variety are somewhat smaller). A 200 gallon tank, however, will be just fine for your local animals. I don't recall anyone keeping one in a journal here so I hope you will log the experience!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back