Hi im new ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

GNT inc

Hatchling
Registered
Hi

I have an Deltec Hqi Nano Aqaurium with an added 20"x12"x18" refugium.

Is this big enough to keep an octopus in ? I have kept various other marine creatures and am looking for a new challenge and i think they are amazing inverts. I understand they have a short life span.

What sp. would you recommend if so ?

Great site

Thank you

Welcome to TONMO.

Smallest tank we would recommend is 30 gallons for dwarf/pygmy octos, and that's so the octopus has room to roam about as well as water quality.

I don't know how big the actual tank is, but AM is right on for our recommendations. Also, we usually point out that the pygmy species tend to be shy, reclusive, nocturnal, and generally not so interactive. Often, the only way to see them "out and about" is using a red light (which they can't see) in darkness.

As a result, we usually recommend that people wanting to have an octopus will find it easier and a lot more enjoyable to get a 55-75gal tank and get one of the larger, more interactive and day-active species. The larger volume of water also helps make the water quality more stable, which is something octos are relatively sensitive to.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back