Hey There!

Lukestimp

Hatchling
Registered
I've been lurking for to long now, and today decided I would go ahead and Sign Up! First of all I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Luke and I'm from Atlanta, GA.

I have been in the Saltwater scene for a little over 2 Years now, and could never think of turning back. My first saltwater tank was a 55 Gallon FOWLR tank. Like many others it was a total failure. I started with Home Depot Playsand, some $6 lb base rock (i really got took on that deal), and a Seaclone Protein Skimmer. Within 2 weeks time I had my tank stocked with a Volitan Lion, a Porcipine puffer, and a Strawberry Grouper. I had set myself up to fail from the very begining. Oddly all my fish seemed to be happy, that were eating like pigs and even my skimmer was making some cool bubble stuff in the cup. I thought man this really isn't that bad. I purchased a 12" Carpet Anenome and a 8" Naso Tang that was absolutey Beautiful. Aclimation whats that, let the bag float then Dump em in. 3 Days later I had a Dead Carpet, a Dead Naso, a grouper that was attacking a Lion and a puffer that never moved off the bottom.

Truthfully it was the death of the Naso that changed my ways of thinking 180 degrees. I couldn't believe I had killed a fish that was that gorgeous. I then decided to tear down the tank and start doing some research on what it really takes to own a saltwater aquarium. Low and behold I found the Holy Grail, Reef Central! and from there I found my #1 Website to this day, The Atlanta Reef Club! Well like I said it's been 2 full years since then and I now have an Aquarium in almost every room of my house. Except the Living room which is why I have now joined this site.

I have a passion for building things and DIY is my total obsession. I've been to this site quite a few times and said man could I really own an Octopus, Nah.. Last week I started building a stand for what will soon be my newest aquarium, and while looking at the stand my wife said hey could we have an Octopus? So that's basically why I'm here! Another thing I'm a lengthy poster so if I ramble to much you have to tell me to slow down! Anyways Great Site and I look forward to talking to all of you real soon!

I'm also a Pics with post freak, so I will post a million pics as I go through my build just need to know where to post em?

:welcome: to TONMO!

Tank Talk is probably the best place for pics of tank builds...

I'm also a Pics with post freak, so I will post a million pics as I go through my build just need to know where to post em?

There are two places for pictures. You can click on the gallery and add your photos there and/or you can post them directly in any of the forums. Photos are encouraged so don't be shy. For your tank build out you may want to post pics and events in the under a single thread in the tank talk forum.

When you get your critter, everyone enjoys the individual octopus histories found in the Journals and Photos threads. Keeping a single continued posting for each octopus has been helpful to both the keeper and others looking for a specific octopus species as well as with ideas when things go wrong.

Oh, and I am in Gainesville so if you want to come up and meet Octane, PM me

Thanks Guys and Gals for all the Welcomes, I'm almost finished building the stand for the tank I want, I'll get some pictures up of the stand build as soon as it's finished. Should be finished up this weekend. I've got one small issue though so check out my thread in Tank Talk to see if you can help. I figure it'll get n oticed there more.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back