Hey, my tank and the octopus for me :)

zacattack

Hatchling
Registered
Hello, I have been interested in keeping specimen tanks for a while now. I have previously had a sehorse breeder tank and now i am interested in an octopus tank. I have a 15 gallon tank that is very well cycled and has about 5 pounds or so of live rock. I am using a 25 gallon canister filter so it is also very well filtered. I have researched different species of octopus from the pygmy to the Bimac. but i cant find a species in between. The pygmy has a very short life span and the others are just to big. so i was wondering if there was a small species perfect for the tank:biggrin2:
thanks alot,

Zac

Hi and welcome to TONMO.com!:welcome:

Sorry, but your tank is too small for an octopus. The most commonly kept octopus is the tank raised bimac, and it requires at least a 50 gallon tank. Not only does the octopus need room to move, but it also places a heavy load on your filtration system. You'd need a protein skimmer in addition to other filtration.

So, think about it and see whether you want to take the plunge and set up a larger tank.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back