hex doing good

well last night hex and i had a little play session. he slowly was crawling around in the back watching me sit in front of the tank. finally he worked to the side at the top and started to come and look at me when i was pointing to the baby toy. he came and sat on the front glass trying to touch my fingers then he just gave up and went back to the rocks. getting used to me pretty quick though!

Hey, what is your PH, temp at and what kind of airation system do you have? I'm getting another octopus from saltwaterfish.com and I would like to know.

Congrats on your new octi!

i keep the tank within reef tank parameters except for temp which is about 76 degrees F. today he was out all day crawling around even though the lights were on. everytime i would walk by he would freeze and go into camo mode and act like i couldnt see him...

AprylWillis;79381 said:
Hey, what is your PH, temp at and what kind of airation system do you have? I'm getting another octopus from saltwaterfish.com and I would like to know.

Congrats on your new octi!

Incase you didn't know the parameter's of an octopus tank, the ceph car section has it up...particularly for Bimacs, but in general it should be:

Nitrate - 0 ppm (can tolerate levels up to 30)
Nitrite - 0 ppm
Ammonia - 0 ppm
Cooper - 0
Oxygen - Very high...keep tank airated w/ pump
Salinity - 1.026-1.028
pH - 8.0-8.2
Alkalinity - Very high...do water changes and keep above 200
Temperature - Differs from species to species...tropical species should be kept from 74-78 degrees. Bimacs 72-76 degrees...for Vulgaris, they live in colder waters usually so probably 64-72 degrees. Temps don't have to be precisely within that range but close as possible. They wont die if its 1 or 2 degrees off.

And of course GPO's...if you ever plan to get one need to be at 50-55 degrees F. told to me by a biologist I met at the aquarium.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back