Here's Gimpy!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Gimpy was out pacing when I got home today. He found my magnetic cleaner and was perched on top of it extending his arm above the waterline. When he realized I was home he swam to the bottem of the tank and started the pacing. I'm now questioning if he is a dwarf because after he caught a crab, I got a shot with his eyespot brilliant blue and when you enlarge it the coloring in in a broken chain. That reminds me of G2. As far as his missing leg there is a tiny leg growing off the end of the stump!

he's way cool!!

I use a python hooked up to my sink and it does sift through the gravel like the freshwater ones but before that I did use the other.

:shock: :shock: my sister found a dead grass snake in her garden the other day an put in a vodka bottle, will this do? sounds like your python is alive the way its sifts through the gravel :lol: :lol:

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
2 Weeks for Gimpy

Today is 2 weeks for Gimp! He is eating daily. Swims from one end of the the tank to the other. Has an attitude! If he's by the top of the tank and he knows you've opened the lid to look in he comes up out of the water towards you. I think he is a bimac as his spot reminds me of G2. His missing leg is growing out nicely and is getting some size to it. When he arrived it was very tiny but now seems to be adding bulk.

Black96WS6

GPO
Registered
corw314 said:
Today is 2 weeks for Gimp! He is eating daily. Swims from one end of the the tank to the other. Has an attitude! If he's by the top of the tank and he knows you've opened the lid to look in he comes up out of the water towards you. I think he is a bimac as his spot reminds me of G2. His missing leg is growing out nicely and is getting some size to it. When he arrived it was very tiny but now seems to be adding bulk.

Congrats!

Thomas is the same way, he comes to the top of the tank and grabs food from me, and comes right out of the water when he gets ahold of my hand! I think he's intrigued by the way my skin feels to him, he always tries to grab me, even after he's already got the crab or frozen shrimp that I'm feeding him!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Glad to hear Thomas is doing so well! I have never been brave enough to let my octos handle me. Jess was bit accidently while feeding Inklet once, but I tend to panic when they get ahold of me. Don't know why. Gimpy went after my son from the top and he seems aggressive when he is coming out of the water after us. Maybe it's just curiosity as you say, and maybe at some point I will brave it out and let him get ahold of me, but I'm afraid he may not let go and I might panic.

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Gimpy is really coming out of his shell, sort of speak. He's weriod. When he thinks we're not watching he's out slithering all over the place. And he constantly is swimming from off the side of the tank to the bottom. I put Inks' old green lego in but haven't seen any interaction with it yet. I love the way he freezes when he realizes we have spotted his antics and tries to slither back unnoticed to his shell.

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Gimpy & Lego

Tonight, Gimpy was out looking for food. I pushed the green lego close to him and he grabbed it. For about 5 minutes he floated around on it by the top of the tank, making the lego spin! This is the first octo since Ink that has showed interest in the lego!

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Way cool...miss those shots of Ink ! Glad that Gimpy has the same playful attitude...

greg