here comes my painting

Hi :biggrin2:

The following one was done in summer 05. Again it's oil on canvas (100 [height] x 70 cm [width]) and again it's a tiny little bit cuttle-related (otherwise I wouldn't post here, right :mrgreen:) ... Hehe ... This one was done for a poster dealing with cuttlefish physiology (for a scientific conference).
The first two pictures show the two cuttlefishes that were painted for this poster: the upper one was meant to emphasize respiratory and circulation system - the lower one was more neurophysiological. Both cuttlefishes are on one canvas (just too difficult to get a clear pic with both). The last picture shows how they were arranged on the final poster ...

OBERER.JPG

UNTERER.JPG

IMFLUR1.JPG

Best regards,
K

an old and new painting

Hallo :mrgreen:

Once again, thank you for all those nice comments about my paintings :biggrin2:

Here is one more I would like to share. This time it's not painted on canvas, but on a wall (my family's bathroom, app. 163 x 185 cm). It was painted long time ago (in 1999) and only recently was cuttle-lized :wink:
Yes, I admit the dolphin part was stolen from / inspired by the "miracle of life" painting by C.R. Lassen :grad: Hehe... I liked his stuff when I was 16 :oops:

These first three pictures show the (ceph-free) original painting while it was painted in 1999...
20061.JPG

I always felt this painting wasn't complete :-/ So here in the upper left corner just below the sea surface is this little brandnew ceph-addition that I was painting during my last visit at home (xmas 2005)

20062.JPG

20064.JPG

Furthermore, on the seafloor there are three new cuttle-eggs and one tiny hatchling (in real size and with w-shaped iris! :mrgreen:)... Hehe
20063.JPG

This last picture was not taken in front-view so it looks a little bit strange...

And after almost seven years I finally call this painting complete :mrgreen: Hehe...

Hope you like it,
Cheers,
K

These are amazing!! So do you paint other cephalopods or are you primarily interested in Cuttles? Again, fantastic work... I've done a couple for course poster presentations but they're not great, and absolutely awful compared to your pieces! All I can really say is WOW!
How they look to me are a sort of very realistic, but also very dynamic making them look almost like fantasy creatures, or not of this world, yet still grounded in our reality! Very dramatic; like a dream! Wish I could afford to buy one of them!:cry:

Graeme

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back