here comes my painting

I just got to looking through this thread... nice paintings! I really like the one in post #18... and I know everyone's said it already but...

PERFECT USE OF LIGHT!!! I :tentacle: them all.

Hi :biggrin2:

jc45 said:
I just got to looking through this thread... nice paintings! I really like the one in post #18... and I know everyone's said it already but...

PERFECT USE OF LIGHT!!! I :tentacle: them all.

Hehe. No, no - don't hesitate! :wink: ... it's always nice to hear that people like my paintings. And people who appreciate cephalopods / understand my paintings are not that common over here, so thanks for the nice comment! :biggrin2:

Best wishes,
K :sink:

my current "masterpiece"

Hello TONMOers

bigGdelta said:
looking forward to seeing more. Your paintings are great.

Sorry for keeping you waiting :wink:

I am currently working on a painting I started in last summer... I wasn't very happy with it and left it to dry among some others from the "unfinished"-family and then almost forgot it for many months (a previous stage is on my website).
A couple of days ago I re-discovered it and realised that it's not as bad as I thought it was... so I continued to paint and after plenty of Phthalo Blue I am suddenly very happy with its development now...
Right now I'm allowing the canvas to dry a bit, so it's a good time to take some pics and share them with you. It's not yet finished and I am thinking of further emphasising the reflection of light on the skin and of adding some bubbles plus perhaps some fish shaped shadows in the background...

kwolfram8.jpg

It's oil on canvas (100 x 80 cm)​

I haven't found a final title for this painting yet. I am thinking of "Crangon's hell", "No, they don't bite - they just wanna play.", "Wrong time, wrong place" or something similar. What do you think? Any suggestion?

Gruß,
K :sink:

P.S.: On my screen the picture looks MUCH more pale than the original painting (very colorful! :rainbow: )... I start to dislike my digicam :hmm:

:biggrin2: I am back...

I've just uploaded a new layout of my portfolio and thought I should also exhibit some of the ceph-related works here...
The following images show paintings done on cuttlebones. I have collected them whenever an animal died and thought they are too precious to just lay in a box on the top of my bookshelf... So here are some of them:

2006_KWolfram_Mr_H_Crab_and_Mrs_C_Fish.JPG

S. officinalis and K. Wolfram
"Mr. H. Crab and Mrs. C. Fish"
oil on cuttlebone
length 10 cm, width 3.5 cm

om_2006_KWolfram_Vanitas_with_cuttlebone_and_beak.jpg

"Vanitas with cuttlebone and beak" (the beaks are laying below the books and the feather ... difficult to spot in this picture)
oil on cuttlebone
length 13 cm, width 6 cm
based on "Vanitas" by Claesz

om_2006_KWolfram_Sick_Baccuttlehus.jpg
om_2006_KWolfram_The_cephalopodog.jpg

"Sick Baccuttlehus" (left, is holding eggs in its hand, not grapes :wink:), "The Cephalopodog" (right)
oil on cuttlebone
length 10 cm & width 4 cm (left), length 12 cm & width 5.5 cm (right)
based on "Sick Bacchus" by Caravaggio (left) and on "The Dog" by Goya (right)

Comments? :cool2:

Cheers,
TK

@Tintenfisch
Which one and what to I get for it? :biggrin2:

Here are some more of my smaller cuttlebones:

2006_KWolfram_Milchkaffee.JPG

"Milchkaffee"
oil on cuttlebone
length 9 cm, width 3.5 cm

2006_KWolfram_Death_of_Maratintenfisch.JPG

"Maratintenfisch Assassinated"
oil on cuttlebone
length 8 cm, width 3 cm
based on "Death of Marat"/"Marat Assassinated" by David

:wink: , TK

WOW!!! Pure genius! The fact that these are painted on cuttlebone is intense enough, but the fact that you did a cuttly portrait of Bacchus (a personal fave, for obvious reasons) and then did David's "Death of Marat" - Holy Toledo!!! What would be a competitive price for either? These are truly - ridiculously - unique works of art. I'm poor, I don't care. This is art that needs to be championed. I've really liked your works in the past, but this is sheer genius. Absolutely amazing. When you've completed a couple more, you need to contact Juxtaposed magazine. Seriously.

Hey, hey, hey, thank you Erich. I wasn't prepared for such a nice feedback :biggrin2: *smile* Really, thanks for the encouraging words.
I have a few more Cuttlebonepaintings on my Portfolio in the "Cuttlebone Gallery", e.g. "Rokeby Venus" by Velasquez, "Straw Hat" by Rubens, "Swans reflecting Elephants" by Dalí (although this one looks really bad through my digi-cam) and some more... upcoming portfolio-additions are the "Saturn" by Rubens and the "Saturn" by Goya ...

I was actually just kidding in my reply to Tintenfisch - these cuttlebones come from animals I raised during the past year (while I was graduating), so I've seen them hatching, growing and dying... They have little numbers on the ventral sides and some of them have cute little bitemarks (from evil tankmates :sagrin:). I don't think I would be comfortable giving them away at any price at the moment...
However, if people really like it, I could try to find somebody who has access to wild cuttlebones (e.g. collected on a beach) and then start a sell-able collection :mrgreen:

Juxtapose magazine? This is the second time within the last 48 hours somebody is suggesting me to have a look at this magazine :shock: I have never heard of it before, but I'm starting to get extremly curious now and will have a look at it... Is it a printed magazine or a kind of website?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back