here comes my painting

hehe...

:biggrin2: Hehe... very nice to receive such a positive response ... and very encouraging... I immediately feel attempted to turn those white virgin canvas standing next to me in something more colorful :wink:

• SeaStarLiss, thank you and :welcome: to TONMO! Nice to see your second post is a response to my paintings. I feel honored...

• Graeme, thanks! I was working with/on Sepia during the last three years of my study and I admit I fell in love with this gorgeous creature. Sepia is so amazing in terms of behaviour and physiology and - most important to me - they are so beautiful, I think. So yes, I'm primarily interested in cuttlefish at the moment, but this may be due to the fact that I don't really have any lab experience with other cephalopods. There are some other cephs that are pretty interesting (e.g. Argonauta :argonaut: , Taningia , Vampyroteuthis :vampyro: ), but as I don't know them "in person" (i.e. except from books and movies etc.) I always ended up with cuttles on my canvas so far... I would appreciate any suggestions for other cephs in my paintings, so if you were thinking of a certain species, please feel free to share your idea...

In general, my paintings are not for sale and all of them (minus one exception [post #15]) are kept by either me or my family, but of course I won't rule out to sell some someday, if somebody is really interested (i.e. depending on how much people are willing to pay :biggrin2:). Which one are you interested in?

What kind of course poster presentation painting have you done? Cuttlefishes, other cephalopods? I am curious...
Cheers,
K :sink:

another old painting

bigGdelta said:
Tiger you should do a cuttlefish mural using flipflop paints so the cuttle changes color depending on where you stand

Hehe, yeah. For example with a male in the center courting a female to his left (or right). And when the viewer is approaching the female (and changes his/her position) the male starts to display an intense zebra pattern :wink: Pretty cool idea actually...

Here is another one from last year...

PICT0274.JPG

ink and soft pastels on paper
42 x 59 cm
"Having a rest"
K Wolfram 2005​

Any kids viewing this: Please don't do that with your real cuttlefish! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
K :coffee:

Tigerkatze_82 said:
:biggrin2: Hehe... very nice to receive such a positive response ... and very encouraging... I immediately feel attempted to turn those white virgin canvas standing next to me in something more colorful :wink:

• SeaStarLiss, thank you and :welcome: to TONMO! Nice to see your second post is a response to my paintings. I feel honored...

• Graeme, thanks! I was working with/on Sepia during the last three years of my study and I admit I fell in love with this gorgeous creature. Sepia is so amazing in terms of behaviour and physiology and - most important to me - they are so beautiful, I think. So yes, I'm primarily interested in cuttlefish at the moment, but this may be due to the fact that I don't really have any lab experience with other cephalopods. There are some other cephs that are pretty interesting (e.g. Argonauta :argonaut: , Taningia , Vampyroteuthis :vampyro: ), but as I don't know them "in person" (i.e. except from books and movies etc.) I always ended up with cuttles on my canvas so far... I would appreciate any suggestions for other cephs in my paintings, so if you were thinking of a certain species, please feel free to share your idea...

In general, my paintings are not for sale and all of them (minus one exception [post #15]) are kept by either me or my family, but of course I won't rule out to sell some someday, if somebody is really interested (i.e. depending on how much people are willing to pay :biggrin2:). Which one are you interested in?

What kind of course poster presentation painting have you done? Cuttlefishes, other cephalopods? I am curious...
Cheers,

It was an ocotpus and a squid, just typical representatives of the species really. THey were just done in watercolour, so they were nothing special... I could take a photo of them if you really want, but they're not great! Especially compared to your work, as I said. :biggrin2:
I know what you mean about sepia though; they're amazing animals! It's a shame but in my experience they seem to be overlooked, everyone wants to know about octopus or squid.

Graeme

the making of...

Hi

here comes my current "masterpiece" :biggrin2: ... it shows some cuttlefishes in :tentacle:, a lady cuttlefish laying eggs in the foreground etc. ... and, most important, it's not finished yet, so if you want to see your great idea in my painting, you still have time to tell me your suggestion :wink: hehe

rendevouz1.jpg

"Rendevouz" (unfinished)
oil on canvas
100 x 70 cm
K. Wolfram 2006

I will update this picture and upload better pics (in front view and with better light conditions) when it's finished...

Any comments? :smile:
Cheers,
K

an update on "Rendevouz"

...thanks guys!

Here is a current picture... still time for you to contribute to this painting by some nice suggestions :wink:

PICT0014small.jpg

"Rendevouz" (still unfinished)
oil on canvas
100 x 70 cm
K. Wolfram 2006

Comments anyone? :mrgreen:

Best regards,
K

great painting. its nice to see what goes into a piece of art, as i guess I used to think a painting just sprang full blown from the artist's imagination. I still want to see the flip flop painting tho

the making of...

Hallo everybody :biggrin2:

Some progress on my latest masterpiece...

left: canvas in current stage
right: previous stage of the painting as used for a poster [for a scientific meeting (SEB)]

TONMOSEB2006.jpg

"Rendevouz" (still unfinished)
oil on canvas
100 x 70 cm
K. Wolfram 2006

bigGdelta, I haven't forgot about your flipflop idea... hehe, still think it would be a cool thing to do... :notworth:

Comments anyone? :wink:

Best regards from rainnnny Germany,
K

an update...

Hi :biggrin2:

Thanks a lot for the nice comments about my paintings.

Spydercat said:
Very beautiful!! I would like to hang the squid-dalí painter in my blog if if doesn't matter to you.
www.mondopulpo.blogspot.com

Hehe, please don't call my cuttlefish "squid" - cuttles are much prettier, aren't they? :mrgreen:

Thanks for asking! Well, I gave the original painting away to a friend, but I think it's fine with the new owner, if I digitally spread it around the world :wink: ... I've had a quick look at your blog (nice!) - yes, I think my painting would fit well, you can post it there. I would appreciated if you write "painted by K. Wolfram" or something like that. Do you need a higher resolution image or do you want to take the TONMO-one?...
If you post my painting on your site, I would like to add a link from my artwork-website (I am currently rebuilding a flash version at cabspace.com ... takes some time to load) to your blog and hope that is ok for you. Is it?

I also have a few new paintings to share:

First off, the painting from the first post of this thread which cannot be displayed anymore (the entire server got lost)

kwolfram1.jpg

it was oil and acrylic on canvas (100 x 70 cm)

Then a recent one from early 2006

a close-up picture:
kwolfram3.jpg

another close-up picture:
kwolfram4.jpg

from a greater distance:
kwolfram5.jpg

and finally, the entire painting:
kwolfram6.jpg

K. Wolfram, 2005 - 2006
oil on canvas (100 x 70 cm)

Hehe, and I've painted in oil on cuttlebone (which is a bit tricky, actually)... Don't know if anybody is interested in seeing this, so I will only post one:

kwolfram2.jpg

Regards,

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back