Here comes another colossal

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Hi gang,

We are finally able to reveal that a new specimen of Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni will be examined at The National Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, on 16 September. The science team will include the usual suspects from AUT and we'll be doing another live webcast on the day. I will post the direct link as soon as I have it. In the meantime updates are being posted here.

This specimen is reported to be of similar size to the 2009 one, and in very good condition. We have plans for extensive sampling depending on a number of factors--we'll aim to learn as much from this one as we possibly can before it gets fixed!
:squidaut:

Here we go again... Hurrah!

Last edited:
If I am correct I saw the first one when it came to tampa MOSI with the sea monsters revealed. It was very big"Dont remember exactly but I think something like" 28'. The whole sea monsters revealed was great and I would suggest anyone going if it comes close to you. Although I left a little note in there comment section telling them it was not "octopuses" And the debate of the name for multi octopus continues LOL

colossalSquid2014.jpg

20 minutes and counting!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back