• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

HELP PLEASE!

OctopusChan

Cuttlefish
Registered
This wound,I have nothing to do with it.
I fed some tetracycline but it seems doesn't work.
I have kept this common octopus for over 2 months.
Now I keep changing some water daily.
Do you know how this wound start and why?
what can I do more to save my octopus?
Appreciate first.

Sadly, there is little known about healing cephalopods. Is the white swollen? Is it growing or stable? If it is stable and not swollen, it is likely not to get worse. If you see swelling or spreading then infection is likely a problem and I would continue trying to get it to take a small quantity of Tetracycline daily.

Sadly, there is little known about healing cephalopods. Is the white swollen? Is it growing or stable? If it is stable and not swollen, it is likely not to get worse. If you see swelling or spreading then infection is likely a problem and I would continue trying to get it to take a small quantity of Tetracycline daily.
It's growing slowly, maybe slower now, but no swelling, so is it the infection?By the way, will he grow back if I give him a clean environment? Thank you a lot!

If the spot is growing, it is likely an infection. A clean environment (larger water changes) may help but the antibiotic is also needed to help his body fight the infection. Be sure your PH is correct as well. Improper PH will burn skin (human as well as animal) over an extended period.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back