• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Help!! - New Born Baby Octopi

Hi Eric, thanks for the post. I live in San Clemente, so we are quite close. Yes, in my efforts for the baby, I was losing the battle so I released what I could.

In any case, it has been over 2 weeks since the eggs hatched but the mother is still alive. She is not eating and her eyes look all foggy like she is now blind. Color is off and just looks old and ragged. Hope she goes peacefully.

In the meantime, I have found OctoPets or what they call AquaFarm in Carlsbad. I have prepped both my 30 gallon and 55 gallon so I can go down to AquaFarm tomorrow to pick up a new Octopus and a couple of cuttles.

I will go down to trestles today to get some live rock, live crabs and food for them. If interested to hook up to do some exploring...

You can email me at: [email protected]

Will T said:
In the meantime, I have found OctoPets or what they call AquaFarm in Carlsbad. I have prepped both my 30 gallon and 55 gallon so I can go down to AquaFarm tomorrow to pick up a new Octopus and a couple of cuttles.

Octopet's cuttles are going to outgrow that 55 in pretty short order.

Dan

I work all day Saturday, but I'll be in contact by email.

Funny, I was in Oceanside last night for the start of Lobster season and I caught an octopus in my net!

Of course I had to let it go, but damn sure wanted to keep it!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back