• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

help me swallow a dictionary!!!

im tryin to research if an aberloney is a compatible tank mate and was hoping to ask on a post but cant spell it to save my life!!

any ideas on either?!?!?

it sounds like aberloney and is a huge mollusc thing

cheers Nancy I dropped them a line

poss have opportunity of getting one but its a whoppa...about 7 inches long maybe more an if it did get attacked it'd be a big fallout in the tank i reckon or i wonder if it would defend itself somehow

I like abalones, they're tasty and some octos love them, since I found some abalone shells outside a octo den last time I went scuba diving...

We chinese we'll just about to anything to get our hands on large abalones!

chrono_war01 wrote:-
I like abalones, they're tasty and some octos love them, since I found some abalone shells outside a octo den last time I went scuba diving...

Yeah cheers mate, got an email back off Jim at Octopets (he's super fast for me I'll fight those to the death that say he's poo! :lol: ) an he says they are eaten by octo's but not by cuttles...wonder how bug my octo would have to be to take out the one im planning.....hmmmm

Mikey wrote:-
Scouse - can I ask where you're sourcing them mate?

Hello mate, well you'll never guess... its a mutual friend of ours, Elliot, if another mate hasnt got his big toe in the door first. But he ordered his specially many moons ago so thats prob what you have to do. its a whoppa so an octo wouldnt get it for a long time i dont reckon.

Im tryin to have a major diverse clean up crew reckon im gunna need it!

Have you flogged your cuttles yet?? I havnt had time to read the posts

Hey scouse! Take it you are on UR too?

I remember elliots Abalones. I'm know UDA can get them in from time to time, but the clean up crew seen in the UK is appauling at the moment. Nothing coming in apart form your bog standard red legged hermits and astrea snails.

Gah, flogging cuttles?

:lol: Flogging is a slang word for selling!! And yes, all my Bandensis have gone now, apart from a few extra that I'll be growing on as long as I can before attempting to catch from the main system. They will then go at a later date.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back