• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

help me pleeeeeze now

ant said:
ok i just got my 55gal tank yesterday. ITS HUGE

:smile: That's what I thought when I got my O tank.

ant said:
in price rang but thnx joel... was just tell ing BOE that

What I mean is that you'd be surprised how much live rock and filters can cost. I paid about $450 just for live rock. I know now that I should have ordered it from the internet. :frown: That would have cost about 100 bucks cheaper.

ant said:
what is a good size to go with for a sump?

Mine is about 5-10% percent of the tanks volume. :smile:

Well that depends. Are you building it? I built my Sump from a big Rubbermaid container and drawers. The water comes through the drawers, which house biomaterial and carbon, into the sump and is pumped back up. The Rubbermaid is 32 gallons when full but I only keep about 7 or 8 gallons in it.

few questions.im gettin these things from fishsupply.com. which heater should i get? which PS shud i get? whichfilters shud i get? i am going to buy these things in clusters. k
:roll:

Burstsovenergy24 said:
:smile:
Sump. This is the type of sump I made. It's a wet/dry. I made it from here. It works really well and I recommend it.

Protein Skimmer. Protein skimmers are good because they take alot of the waste from the water and the water doesnt pass through it. Because the water doesnt pass through it the watse cant mess up the water because of rotting.

Heater. This is a REALLY good heater. It has extreamly thick glass so it's almost certain it wont crack easily.

Pump. If you use that fuge idea I gave you should only need 1 pump for the return.

I edited it slightly.

can i just put the pipe comeing from the main tank into the 10 gal and have the return being pumped back up to the main tank,and then have the PS and stuff in the 10 gal, and then finnaly have the shrimp ect. in the 10 gal

Still going to have to do a quick water change, and some clean-up, no skimmer is going to get all of the ink out.

But a very good recommendation! And will save you a lot of headaches :bugout:

Well there really are gigantic skimmers out there. The skimmer could not possibly remove all the ink from the tank before it goes into the sump, thats why we recommend having activaated carbon in the tank as it helps remove some of the ink.

Btw neptune, you can ask Colin about the last cuttle and the skimmer.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back