Hello...

Havok

Hatchling
Registered
:mad: haha, this pic's cool.
hi... i was bored at work so i was reading the news and then i read the article on the first pictures taken of a giant squid in the wild. for quite a number of years i've always had dreams (nightmares maybe?) of being in the deep among giant squids. i'm not really sure why (i don't even know how to swim), but they really interest me. i'm from korea anyway and they eat a lot of squid and octopus here (even alive)... sorry :oops: so i started searching google about squids and, maybe i'm dumb, but i was pretty amazed to see a website dedicated to this. i think it's really cool. wait... squids are cepholopods, right?

anyway, i'm blabbing way too much
hi, i'm Roy

Greetings Roy.

Squid are indeed cephalopods, as are octopus, cuttlefish, nautilus, argonauts, and the extinct ammonites and belemnites. A most fascinating, and surprisingly diverse, group of animals. Many of us had nightmares about being eaten by giant squid when we were kids, I blame a certain Disney film starring James Mason!

Have fun here, and welcome again!

Welcome to Tonmo !!! You will find that many of us share your interest, and, as Phil has stated, the same sorts of dreams too !

greg

Hi Roy, and welcome! I never knew that people would eat live octos until I saw that Korean film "Old Boy?". It made me cry...

dawnchihuahua said:
I never knew that people would eat live octos until I saw that Korean film "Old Boy?". It made me cry...

A well-intentioned friend (I hope) sent me through a short .wmv video this morning that follows a 'family' of live octopus from the fish market to the plate (a few minutes later)... very disturbing watching the consumers poke the chopsticks inside the mantle and wind the wiggling arms around and around... especially since it's narrated in an "Oh no, where's Sally Octopus going now? 'Ouch, you're hurting me!' says Sally... and she's gone!" type of way. Mingled horror, repulsion, and distress...

:angelpus:

Sorry, :welcome: also to Roy...

Tintenfisch said:
A well-intentioned friend (I hope) sent me through a short .wmv video this morning that follows a 'family' of live octopus from the fish market to the plate (a few minutes later)... very disturbing watching the consumers poke the chopsticks inside the mantle and wind the wiggling arms around and around... especially since it's narrated in an "Oh no, where's Sally Octopus going now? 'Ouch, you're hurting me!' says Sally... and she's gone!" type of way. Mingled horror, repulsion, and distress...

:angelpus:

Sorry, :welcome: also to Roy...

Ohhhh that's so sad!!! Thanks for NOT posting the link:angelpus:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back