Hello World !

Jakxx

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Octopus would be Oktopus in german, but the term "Krake" (long A like in "Aaah") is more widely used.

Cuttlefish would be "Sepia" or "Tintenfisch". Which would freely translate to "Inkfish"
Although it seems that "Tintenfish" is also often used for any of the species by people who don't know the exact term.

Squid would be "Calmar" (Again the long A), sometimes people also say "Calamari" but I'm uncertain if this is just due to StarWars influence of if this is a real scientific term in some way.

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Melissa, i think Cthulhu is Cthulhu, no matter the language.....

"Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtaga"

:cthulhu: :heart: :beer:

Jakxx

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Oh you meant THAT.. *stoopid* yeah I believe so too. Never heard anyone speak of anything else than Cthulhu *bows before the great old one*

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
No worries Jakxx, we give our multilingual friends much more leeway than we do for such undesirable ruffians such as myself :arr: ....

Ohh, what a great welcome!

I think talking in english in the www is quite a good choice, it makes the world smaller and smaller. And by the way, it is a possibility for me to improve my english. But we can switch to french, danish, swedish or spanish ... no way, but then I'll have to do some homeworks... :mrgreen:

But it is good to see that some people speak german, that is a possibility to switch to German if I wont find a word.

On monday I start my holiday in Canada. Does anyone know something lokated in Nova Scotia or Newfoundland that's worth to visit? Perhaps a nice Seewaterzoo ...

Greetz Chris *wholooksforewardtohisholiday* :rainbow: