Hello again... (Ceph book recomendation)

Hi all! I havn't been on tonmo and well I'm back and here I am. And well in my abscence I have gained much insight in cephs. And now with my new found knowledge I'm back and determined to keep ANY ceph in captivity for at least a month. And then a squid. I also recently purchased a book at powells the largest bookstore in the world which had the sad collection of olny 3 ceph books, it is called Octopus and Squid The Soft Intelligence by Jacques-Yves Cousteau and Philippe Diole. Even though it is pretty old all of the info is still pretty much the same as now. And I would recomend it to anyone intrested in cephs. After reading half of it I don't think I'll ever look at cephs the same. Well yeah... Ok later! :wink:

I have this book!!! Back when my ceph addiction was in it's early stages, and this site didn't exist!!!
And welcome back!!!!

Carol

That's an amazing book! It was the first ceph-specific book I ever owned. Great photos, terrific illustrations, some typically questionable personal Cousteau anecdotes, and of course, that classic watercolour of the Vampyroteuthis! So long as we're on the classics, might I also recommend a book my parents bought for me at Scripps Institute when I was but a wee lad of eleven back in '81: Kingdom of the Octopus by Frank W. Lane. This was the first time I ever got to see photos of Dosidicus Gigas in action off Peru in the Humboldt Current. In Lane's boook, however, they go under the name Ommastrephes Gigas. As always, I apologize for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

Erich

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back