HAPPY H.P.L. DAY, EVERYONE!!!!!

Yep, it's that day again.... 20 August! Time to enjoy a scrumptious bowl of chili con carne or spaghetti, abstain from demon rum and seafood, and commune with the unspeakably hideous, eldritch, squamous abomination of your choice. Why? You guessed it:

:birthday: -> IT'S H.P. LOVECRAFT'S BIRTHDAY!

:cthulhu: :party:

and many more, when the stars are right...

All together now,

Y'AI 'NG'NGAH,
YOG-SOTHOTH
H'EE-L'GEB
F'AI THRODOG
UAAAH!

and we'll have him back and writing more pulp stories in no time!

(obligatory link to HPL's collected works)

Ia, indeed!

Yes, although I prefer to toast with something slightly stronger, a glass raised to he who brought us wisdom:

Tekelili

Happy Birthday, ya old xenophobe! And thank you for inventing modern horror.

Of note, there was an incident in NY in the 1920s when at a parrty filled with other writers, somebody spiked wallflower HPL's drink, he got intoxicated, and proceeded to turn into the life of the party. He remembered (or wouldn't admit to remembering) nothing from said party, but everybody else present did!

Or at least that's the story that was put about.We all know that HPL was possessed by a Yithian who fancied a night out.

Doom portends! Tomorrow Chtulhu77 and I will meet beneath a geologic formation I call Great Cthulhu! Or, alternately, that big cuttlefish-looking thing.

Are there mysterious, curiously formed caves upon the face of this crumbling mountain? Do they regularly spout odd plumes of smoke, and does not the distant piping, some of it in a realm beyond human hearing, oft issue from them?
cool. I'm there!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back