Grover

I weighed my options and decided to go with another octopus instead of getting cuttles, this time. So without further ado...

Introducing Grover. He's an Abdopus for sure. He's about 4 inches looks like... haven't gotten him out of the bag yet, he's acclimating to temp before I put him in a keeper and a bucket for the drip. Mantle's about grape size, maybe an inch.

He's going into our 60 cube since we relocated all the seahorses to Alayna's new 140 gallon. I've got a lot of work to do this evening!

I got him from MarineDepotLive.com, $27, split shipping with Alayna as she wanted some tiny fish for her tank Came out at about $45 for me. Couldn't pass it up. I did email them asking for a picture and I never got a response. That was a bit annoying but I asked for the smallest one they had and Grover is about 1/4, maybe 1/3rd the size of the Abdopus I had at the clinic.

He's a keeper. ("He" for now until proven otherwise) I let him out of the critter keeper inside the tank and he immediately went under a rock. Arms searching this way and that. Then I saw him across the tank. Then I saw him over there... and then over there... foraging for pods, checking out his new place. Actually it's a lot like watching Kalypso's usual routine which is comforting. He's showing A LOT of the "passing cloud" effect. Can't wait to get video of that. Spectacular. Camera batteries died right after I filmed THIS:

Yay! He's not skiddish!

He has 7 arms, 3 of which look like replacements (more pale than the others) but they are almost as long as the others.

How exciting! Welcome to Grover! I loved the startle when he grabbed your hand! They have quite a bit of strength even so tiny!

So TINY! Makes me sad about OP though. I hope he is as interactive. If I was not worried about why OP died, I would consider ordering one but I am going to let the tank sit a month before putting another octo in it.

Isn't he? :smile: The battery on the camera died at the most inconvenient time so I didn't get to catch any of the neat stuff he did once he was in the tank.

There are 3 peppermint shrimps in the tank, all accounted for. I've seen them share the same space and he shows no aggression toward them. Yet. He accepted small silversides again last night.

Neal is getting me at least one backup battery and possibly an additional charger for a stocking stuffer :idea:. One of the many things I like about my current camera is that it take 4 double A batteries - I will miss the feature.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back