Grover

I weighed my options and decided to go with another octopus instead of getting cuttles, this time. So without further ado...

Introducing Grover. He's an Abdopus for sure. He's about 4 inches looks like... haven't gotten him out of the bag yet, he's acclimating to temp before I put him in a keeper and a bucket for the drip. Mantle's about grape size, maybe an inch.

He's going into our 60 cube since we relocated all the seahorses to Alayna's new 140 gallon. I've got a lot of work to do this evening!

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Welcome to Grover, I'm adding him to the List of Our Octopuses.

Where did you buy him?

Nancy

I got him from MarineDepotLive.com, $27, split shipping with Alayna as she wanted some tiny fish for her tank Came out at about $45 for me. Couldn't pass it up. I did email them asking for a picture and I never got a response. That was a bit annoying but I asked for the smallest one they had and Grover is about 1/4, maybe 1/3rd the size of the Abdopus I had at the clinic.

He's a keeper. ("He" for now until proven otherwise) I let him out of the critter keeper inside the tank and he immediately went under a rock. Arms searching this way and that. Then I saw him across the tank. Then I saw him over there... and then over there... foraging for pods, checking out his new place. Actually it's a lot like watching Kalypso's usual routine which is comforting. He's showing A LOT of the "passing cloud" effect. Can't wait to get video of that. Spectacular. Camera batteries died right after I filmed THIS:

Yay! He's not skiddish!

He has 7 arms, 3 of which look like replacements (more pale than the others) but they are almost as long as the others.

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
How exciting! Welcome to Grover! I loved the startle when he grabbed your hand! They have quite a bit of strength even so tiny!

Octavarium

Wonderpus
Registered
Awesome, good luck with G. The passing cloud effect is awesome, although I saw it from my hummelincki only twice, cool yours is doing it already.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
So TINY! Makes me sad about OP though. I hope he is as interactive. If I was not worried about why OP died, I would consider ordering one but I am going to let the tank sit a month before putting another octo in it.