Greetings from the VA Boardwalk

Hello everyone,
I have lived on the east cost for 98% of my life and I would have it no other way. I love living by the oceanfront. Friends tease me about how much of my time I spend just sitting on the boardwalk watching the ocean and daydreaming. I am currently in a community college and I hope to someday (probably in the year 2357) graduate with an education degree. My favorite class?....Oceanography of course.:wink:
My favorite subject?....Deep sea mysteries! Action, adventure, and lots and lots of unknown creatures!

The other 2% of my life I have spent traveling, throughout the US and I've spent some out of the country. Of 1yr in my life I had lived in Wanette, Oklahoma to help out family (not because I felt I needed to live away from water). I eventually got oceanfront-sick (if there is such a term) and rushed back here to Virginia Beach. The only interesting thing I've learned in Oklahoma is that they have a law that prohibits whaleing....just incase any whale decided get out and walk all the way to the Oklahoma State Line YOU'RE NOT ALOUD TO KILL IT!!!!

I had found Tonmo when I was doing research for a paper on the Architeuthis dux for a class and knew I'd love to sign up right away. I love reading about other people's thoughts and experiences with cephalopods. Just knowing that there are other people with such deep interests as I do, makes me feel right at home!

:welcome: to TONMO. The whales in OK image is pretty amusing...

:welcome: to Tonmo.

I got this from the
state of Oklahoma website:

Cimmaron Festival Celebration - 38th Annual Cow Chip Throwing Contest, 14th Annual Chili Cookoff, poker... >Learn More

Apache Rattlesnake Festival - This event includes a carnival from 6pm-10pm, a Powwow at the fair... >Learn More

Tulsa Whale Festival - Celebrate the whales in our midst, enter the giant squid eating contest... >Learn More

89er Day Parade and Festival - Norman celebrates the anniversary of the Great Land Run of 1889 which... >Learn More

Green Frog Festival - This festival celebrates the history of Wilburton Native Americans... >Learn More

sorseress;92976 said:
:welcome: to Tonmo.

I got this from the
state of Oklahoma website:

Tulsa Whale Festival - Celebrate the whales in our midst, enter the giant squid eating contest... >Learn More
:whalevsa:
Yah that is a bit odd isn't it? But I think that might have something to do with the big blue whale in Catoosa. I'm not sure...I didn't stick around there long enough to find out.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back