Got my new Briareus!

If you are going to the advanced page (Go Advanced button) and clicking on manage attachements (or just hitting the insert image button) and you get the window that lets you select from your computer and you wait and wait and wait and then the load fails then the photo is too big - I have been meaning to ask Tony to increase this as most of us have to reduce our pictures now that most newer cameras can take denser shots. Try making the picture about 1/3 of its original size and see if that helps.

New .jpg limit is 10,000,000 bytes (up from 3,000,000). This was applied to both the forum file attachments and the Image Gallery. Thanks D.

I am confused. Your first picture is showing up as a word document and not an image format (.doc vs .jpg,gif,tif,jepg,bmp). The photos from your camera should be in one of the later formats (.bmp will not upload and is not common for cameras).

I use my moms canon 50 d for my pictures and I have no Idea what size photo they take. What I did was put the picture into paint and resize it to less than a quarter of the size and it still says invalid every time I try. I saw you can put them in a word document and thats what I did. Its really the only way I can figure out how to do it but if theres a better way please tell me how and ill try it but im not too good with computers. thanks for the help and sorry for the confusion.

Tony just changed the allowed image size to be larger, so hopefully the size limit won't be a problem any more...

Another member was also having logistic difficulties and I attempted a step by step. He has not reported back if I made it any easier but here is the link to my instructions:

Having trouble posting picture's

Your cannon should produce .jpg files so size was the likely problem but see if the instructions help.

ha got it finally. the directions helped thanks. so this is basically how its been for about a month :banghead: it hasnt moved execpt from the front corner to the back corner and as far as I can tell it hasnt eaten.

Attachments

• conv_294005.jpg
    conv_294005.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 85
  • conv_294006.jpg
    conv_294006.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 77
  • conv_294007.jpg
    conv_294007.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 82
Unfortunately, I have no positive suggestions. The appearance that she/he prefers the smoother surfaces and is not eating are symptoms I have seen in my mercs and hummelincki. The mercs were definitely an age issue and the hummelincki was likely the same (complicated with an eye infection). The fact that she has lived this long is what makes me wonder if she was a brooding female that lost her eggs but AM's male, Kalypso has also stopped eating and still survives in a lythargic state.

I have also noticed that it's has been shedding it's suckers about 2 times a week and thought that this was a little unusual. How often is this supposed to happen?

Sucker shed should indicate new growth (like dead skin cells being replaced on humans) but since your octo is not actively wearing out the sucker pads it seems odd, hopefully AM will add some notes on Kalypso. Octane shed heavily when he first entered the tank but then only occassionally afterwards (he would become a bit recluse for a week when he did, as if the suckers were tender). OhToo rarely shed (never a lot at one time like Octane - same species) and I have yet to see shed from a very active Beldar (who climbs around on the rock and digs into the substrate). We really have no established reports (on TONMO) on how often and at what stages of life sucker shed is most common.

Ok thanks. I also notice that as soon as I turn the light out it moves it's arms around a little bit more and opens it's eyelids complety. Should I try leaving the tank lights off with only ambient lighting throughout the day?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back