• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Going to the fish market

njfish77

Cuttlefish
Registered
Well im going to the fish market today and im going to pick up some fresh seafood for my octo. I was thinking clams and mollusks. Any suggestions on what i should get.

Fresh (or even better: live) shrimp would be the preference. Try scallops, mussels (you'll have to crack these). All these seem preferable to fish. All should be fresh or live - none cooked (You probalby know that already, but some people have questions about uncooked or cooked) First choice is always live crabs

I always ask how old the seafood is. Shrimp are almost always previously frozen, unless you live on the Guld (by the way, where do you live? - makes a difference in what we might advise).

Also, be sure to remove anything not eaten promptly. It will harm water quality if you leave it.

Happy shopping!

Nancy

Well i live in new jersey. Everything seemed fresh. I bought a littleneck clam and a mollusk and cracked them for him. I also gave him fiddlers

Well i live in new jersey. Everything seemed fresh. I bought a littleneck clam and a mollusk and cracked them for him. I also gave him fiddlers

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back