• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

girls and blue ring

Yeah, looks dead or nearly so to me. I'd expect it to have some reaction like wrapping it's tentacles around to hold on.

So incredibly stupid to do and to put a video up of it like you don't need to worry about blue-ringed octopus biting is irresponsible. Hopefully someone doesn't see that and try it with a healthy animal. They're my favorite octopus but I'd never handle one, especially not with bare hands.

Edit: Looking at it again that's is very large for a blue ring so it might be a different species.

it def. doesnt look like it alive, and if the girl grabbed it like that in the end im sure it would have had somekind of movement

geeze whats worse is the comments and miss information in the comments i could only read 10 before i was to frustrated to go any further

to me it looks like the greater BR Hapalochlaena lunulata but im far from being an occo expert

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back