• You are viewing our Exotics and Rare Species forum. Please review our Forum Guidelines and Cephalopod Care Ethics Statement to ensure you are appraised of the dangers and considerations related to pursuing exotics and rare species as an aquarist. Threads in this forum are not featured on our homepage.
  • Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crytpo!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.

girls and blue ring

Noadi

Cuttlefish
Registered
Yeah, looks dead or nearly so to me. I'd expect it to have some reaction like wrapping it's tentacles around to hold on.

So incredibly stupid to do and to put a video up of it like you don't need to worry about blue-ringed octopus biting is irresponsible. Hopefully someone doesn't see that and try it with a healthy animal. They're my favorite octopus but I'd never handle one, especially not with bare hands.

Edit: Looking at it again that's is very large for a blue ring so it might be a different species.

Lilrob

Hatchling
Registered
it def. doesnt look like it alive, and if the girl grabbed it like that in the end im sure it would have had somekind of movement

geeze whats worse is the comments and miss information in the comments i could only read 10 before i was to frustrated to go any further

to me it looks like the greater BR Hapalochlaena lunulata but im far from being an occo expert