• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Gimme Gimme Octopus = Kure Kure Takora (A Japanese Kids Show)

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I used to run that on the big video-projection systems during my Mighty Cthulhu revivals - I always assumed that's kind of how the world would look after the Great Old Ones return, except that they'd be running around atop fields of skulls like in the future parts of the 'Terminator' films.

Cephalopods have a very unique place in Japanese culture, besides being a main course. To end a presentation I ran on squid (yes, the infamous Wildlife Conclave incident), I showed a picture of a Japanese wresting show where a guy was getting headbutted by a huge walking squid. I said "Either we manage the oceans or they manage us".

Cthulhu calls.

And he ain't using AT&T...

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
No doubt. Best Japanese pro-wrestling giant squid vs. giant octopus vs. giant mantis shrimp epic ever made.

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
maybe?

Attachments

• conv_290028.jpg
    conv_290028.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 52

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member