Giant's Tale - cancelled

Awwww Boooooo! The Natural History Museum (London) have had to cancel the talk and behind the scenes viewing of their Giant Squid exhibit, due to the display tank not being ready yet. Rescheduling for end of Novemeber beginning of December. Booooo I'd been counting down the days! :sad:

Plus I added a Sperm Whale to my Architeuthis tank and they've started fighting, what can I do?

I didn't know about this talk, maybe I'd missed the relevent posts here, but I'd love to go if (when) this is rescheduled. Please keep us updated asap, I can get to London very easily.

CapnNemo said:
Plus I added a Sperm Whale to my Architeuthis tank and they've started fighting, what can I do?

Easy, add a keen marine biologist to the tank equipped with hi-tech photographic equipment and the Architeuthis will immediately disappear. Problem solved.

Phil said:
Easy, add a keen marine biologist to the tank equipped with hi-tech photographic equipment and the Architeuthis will immediately disappear. Problem solved.

Ouch !!!! Touche' and point to Phil ! Herr Doktor, any reply?

Phil said:

Yeah, but I think he'd prefer the squid, to the whale. :razz:

Phil said:
I didn't know about this talk, maybe I'd missed the relevent posts here, but I'd love to go if (when) this is rescheduled. Please keep us updated asap, I can get to London very easily.

No problem Phil, see your PM.

So much ink in the Archi pool All I can see is the mighty whale breaching the surface every 20 minutes or so with Archi wrapped round his head. They've been scrapping all night, I'm filtering a whale tank now to transfer the whale to, but it will take a few days to settle. This is the worst thing that has happened to my Archi tank since the 'cat/tentacle' incident of late 2004.

Would you mind elaborating on that rather compelling and possibly incriminating story? I lost my cat about a year ago, and I don't know how he could have disappeared.

Squidman said:
Would you mind elaborating on that rather compelling and possibly incriminating story? I lost my cat about a year ago, and I don't know how he could have disappeared.

All I'm saying is that Cthulhu MUST feed. It was a very short edition of Animal Face Off.

The Natural History Museum has still got the old dates for the talks on the site. Have they NO IDEA how long I've been waiting??

Patience!

Got the whale out, bad sucker damage on his schnoz, he's sulking in the whale tank. 12 foot protein skimmer working like mad to clean the archi tank, can just see his baleful eye in the murk... watching... watching.

ahem :heee: anyway. I've sent an email off to the Museum to find out about rescheduling, I'll keep all interested parties informed of the outcome (i.e. Phil)

On another note I went down to the SeaLife Park in Weymouth at the weekend. They have an octopus (or at least they claimed they did) I couldn't see the ceph though I stood there for a long time waiting for a hint of movement amongst the rocks. The yells of my bioluminescent youngest son (seven months) forced me to move on without a cephview :sad:

Good Sea Horses, Pipe fish and Sea Dragons.

Weird place though, very weird.

Hoop! Me again, I feel a bit stoopid replying to my own thread, but I just found this image of the Natural History Museum's Architeuthis.

I think it was Phil or Dr Steve who posted a link to a Falklands Island site which had a picture of the squid after it was landed, but this one shows it all stretched out. The arms look quite mangled.

http://piclib.nhm.ac.uk/piclib/www/image.php?img=92234&cat=8&subcat=

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back