Giant Squid?????

The QCI

:canada: The Queen Charlotte Islands, also known as Haida Gwaii, are located about as far west as you can get in North America. All sorts of things wash up on the beaches. Basically if it floats in the North Pacific it will end up here sooner or later.

I never found a squid though. :notworth: Very good!

Ummm....I don't really know how well you can fake a picture these days but the squid does have a shadow, which is a detail that might have been looked over if it was faked. More than that, the lines on the squid shadow matchup exactly with the lines of the vans shadow. Thats all.

squid looks real to me....
Besides, a lot of people have had things happen to them that people wouldn't believe. Would you believe I saw a kind algae on a turtles back in florida once that shined in such a way that it looked like the bottom of those pools in those smarmy seaworld commercials,. despite the fact that it was pitch-black out? I doubt it. Would you believe that in the bahamas I saw some kind of skate hatch in a tidepool? I doubt that too. Or that I nearly touched a wild reef-squid that ignored me alltogether, nearly caught a moray eel with a piece of fish, and at one time nearly got stung by a highly toxic scorpionfish in a collection class at camp-and proceded to name it like I would a pet? I highly doubt that. I have had things happen to me that people didn't believe happened. But they did. I believe this guy 100% to be honest. Not yelling at you, just saying-don't assume it's a hoax.

Hi,

I've given it the Photoshop once over and it looks ok to me. I mean, if it's a fake, why?

I'm new to this whole squid thing but I have a question: Are more of these things washing up or are there just more people looking?

moroteuthis

That's really interesting. I wonder if what's causing the Humboldts to wash up around here is what brought that guy up. It was all over the news for a while.
Hmm...very strange

BigSquid

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back