Giant squid 'taking over world'

I'm not convinced. Not that its not possible; rather are they taking into account current shifts and water temp changes which would cause squid to move into waters they avoided before?

Oceanic squid biomass is VERY hard to calculate accurately. Given that these populations are dynamic in their behavior and movement, it can be assumed that squid are simply moving into new niches left behind by the collapsed fisheries and such.

As far as "giant' squid are concerned, I would love to see the Q10 of growth size vs. water temperature any day. Any papers out there?

Sushi and Sake,

John

I always pictured Steve as being a little to kinetic to really be in the range of any dead actor. Perhaps an unusually talented undead actor could pull it off.

:P

Matt Jones said:
You know, you could start a whole thread based on 'actors to play Steve O'Shea'

i know this was mentioned in a another thread... did we ever come up with anything definitive?

WhiteKiboko said:
i know this was mentioned in a another thread... did we ever come up with anything definitive?
WK,

I think Kat preferred Johnny Depp for Steve, and Julia Stiles for Kat (if Kat weren't allowed to appear "as herself," that is).

Oh, and Ving Rhames to play you.

:heee:

Clem

Before we go giving Steve the oscar for "best performance in a tentacled role", may I ask if someone could send me a copy of any papers on this biomass issue? Sounds like fascinating reading.

If there are no copyright issues, could I get a copy by private e- (mail)?

Thanks!

John

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back