Giant Pacific sculpture and pics

Well, I am about a month or so from finishing this piece that has been more of a ruling factor in my life than I ever came close to imagining. I had no idea when I started this thing that it would help me stay alive through amazingly bad times, and I had no idea that that was the case before I typed it here. WOW.

Anyway, I still have to finish quite a bit of detail work, the papalliae, wrinkles, etc., before I do the patina. But here is a pic of how he looked when I stopped working on him today.

His name is Big Red.

It is about 3 1/2 ft tall, and 2 1/2 ft wide and deep. The only other sealife I have made in the last four years is a California Horn Shark, but I can't find the CD that has the pictures on it. I have made other things, fountains, mirrors, and some kinda kitchy stuff, but most of it has been trades for chiropractics, printing, etc. Website is in the near future, right after I finish Big Red, and someone who is willing to do it on trade. Big Red has been pretty expensive to make, and doesn't leave much time for paying pieces, but I recently quit my day job in order to do this full time. I am starting on an elephant head later this week, but that's a donation for auction to a local wild animal refuge. After that and Big Red are done, I plan on making a leafy she dragon, but it will be a mermaid, a leafy she-dragon.

I finally finished....

Five years and nearly 2,000 individually fabricrated suction cups later, "Big Red" is done. He's almost four feet from base to tip top, and weighs in at about 75lbs. The rock that he is on is probably over a hunderd. The arm that is tucked up underneath the mantle is the hecto, which I finally got a look at after 3 years of searching in all the wrong places. Whaddaya think sirs and madams???

Thanks

I posted a picture in the gallery section, and it was up for a few days, and now it's gone. I don't get it.

And thanks TPOTH, that is exactly what I was trying for.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back