• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Giant pacific octopus

Dwight

Blue Ring
Registered
hi, is it even possible to own a gpo? I see them mostly at research centers and aquarium places like sea world. I want to plan a huge tank (like 600 gallons) for one someday, but I never see them available anywhere? Thanks.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
There is no legal reason for them not to be available and there are is a small collector in Washington that will occasionally have one available but they are not easily sourced and quite costly both to acquire and ship.

Adamthenew

Hatchling
Registered
Does the collector have a company name? I have a cold water tank, wondering if he gets other specimens besides Octopus.