• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Getting To Know Me

Congrats on the new little guy! If he is real small then it will take a while for them to come out. I got mine with about a 1 in mantle and it took him about 1.5 months to come out. It does take longer for little octos to come out(correct me if i am wrong) i think. Got any pics?

:old: Joe-Ceph, Lmecher, jblystone, Monty, bluespotocto:

Thanks for the support guys.

The mantle couldn't be more than two inches Joe. I will send my son an email and ask him what his octopus catching procedure is. I think this one was caught by my two granddaughters. They go fishing with him a lot. I will be posting a picture of them on another occasion when they went fishing and met up with a baby octo.

No jblystone, I haven't thought of a name yet. I will have to give that some serious consideration.

Wow bluespotocto, one and a half months to come out. Can they really survive without food for that long?

Well, when it does decide to come out of that shell and :old:explore its surroundings, I will be there with my camera. :old:

I guess i said that kinda wrong. Mine didnt come out in the full open. He just sat there and watched every thing. I would just drop a crab in front of his den to feed him. It is kinda weird because i even tried to fast him to get him to come out. He still didnt come out. It might just be my octo that does that. Good luck with your little fellow

Darn! I was really looking forward to seeing another Bimac.

sick0004.gif

Oh no!! That is really sad news. :sad:
I was heart broken too, just last week I lost a dwarf. I hope your son gets you another one soon. In the mean time I feel your pain, I am waiting for another one too. Well keeping my :fingerscrossed: for both of us. I hate the waiting. :hmm:

Lmecher;152239 said:
Oh no!! That is really sad news. :sad:
I was heart broken too, just last week I lost a dwarf. I hope your son gets you another one soon. In the mean time I feel your pain, I am waiting for another one too. Well keeping my :fingerscrossed: for both of us. I hate the waiting. :hmm:

Yes, I am surprised at how sad this has made me. I didn't have time to get to know the little one, but it still was as if I lost someone close to me.
My son said we will try again soon. The only hard part is that I live about fifty miles away from my son and it is not easy for him to get out here to the boondocks very often.

I want to sincerely thank all of you for your interest and compassion. I will be posting further developments.

:old:

Still Waiting For Another Baby Bimac

:old::old::old:Hello to all who joined me in my anticipation of receiving a baby bimac my son was to get for me on one of his fishing sojourns. You will recall that it died the day after I received it. I have been waiting ever since for him to get me another, but he has found it too difficult to obtain one and get it out to me.

If anyone is reading this, let me say that I have not given up and as soon as he does get me one I shall post pictures as soon as possible.:old::old::old:

I have been hoping you'd get a replacment, good to hear you are still hanging in there. Looking at an empty tank can be depressing. I am staying tuned...hope your wait is not too long. Thank you for the update!

Lmecher;157813 said:
I have been hoping you'd get a replacment, good to hear you are still hanging in there. Looking at an empty tank can be depressing. I am staying tuned...hope your wait is not too long. Thank you for the update!

Thank you. I really do appeciate your interest. I think I'll post once a week with updates now that I know some of you are still interested.

Hi Chris, I just found and read thru your thread. I really enjoyed all the info. I was sad to read that you lost your baby and look forward to your continued post and your next bimac! Thanks for sharing! I'll be staying tuned in!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back