• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Funeral for an Octopus

DarkTerror

Hatchling
Registered
Don't be alarmed, nothing has passed on.

I was just wondering, what did people do with their octopuses when they have passed on to that "aquarium in the sky".

:oops: Well......other that Gimpy who was found a day or so after death......6......:sad: (I just counted....) I had forgotten how large some of them had gotten....Awaiting burial at sea..........

Burial at sea in a special canvas bag - I painted pictures of my octos on the bags. A beloved cleaner shrimp also was buried that way.

I guess I should mention that they stayed in the freezer until we could travel to the Gulf.

Many octo owners have chosen burial at sea, but those who are inland often bury them in the garden, sometimes with their feeding stick.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back