Freshwater squid?

This might be in particular reference to a certain someone's singular habit of ordering event horizon inducing breakfasts of undetermined specific gravity at iffy Wellington based breakfast "restaurants".

I would personally never do such a thing :smile:

Nor would TF ever, EVER add ketchup to the equation...

Ketchup!! :yuck:

My sig was penned by the great Fujisawas_Sake... I can't remember whether he intended it as a haiku or not. But it is. :cool2: Also applies equally well to Steve's favorite lineup of morning foods. Did I mention :yuck:

Squid like remains found interior BC Canada

My friend found these remains floating in Watch Lake near 100 Mile House in British Columbia. Neither of us are any sort of biologist; however, I couldn't help but notice the suction cup looking parts and traits similar to squid I have seen in pictures. It's hard to tell as the remains are rather decomposed. This is very bizzar to my friend as she was just on vacation and thought she'd found an interesting log, when it was in fact dead flesh of some kind. What do you think it is? Her pics are on Facebook. I'll post the link and hopefully you can see them.

.... we have to log in to see those pics (and I'm not big on these things). Can you post the pics without a facebook login?
Thanks

I don't seem to have permission to view them, even when I'm logged in to facebook... would it be possible for you to include them in a post or upload them to the image gallery?

I'm certainly curious, but I expect that it makes more sense to look for a non-cephalopod explanation.

I made a site along time ago to follow along the tree octopus site, you may visit it if you wish and let me know how funny it is to you. It is totally bogus and untrue, but funny still. Make sure you read it all.

www.savethepeal.info

Here are 3 of the Facebook photos. Folks on her Facebook page told her it was the root of a lilypad.

Attachments

• conv_293473.jpg
    conv_293473.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 101
  • conv_293474.jpg
    conv_293474.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 102
  • conv_293475.jpg
    conv_293475.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 109
To be honest, the last one looks plant like to me and the first two reminds me of Lotus Seed bulbs so I'm leaning towards the Facebook lot saying root of lily-pad since the photos don't show it as very.."suckerish"? Sucky? I dunno.

Never seen a lilypad though.

Animal Mother;121538 said:
There are reports of sharks popping up in strange places.

Not completely related, but there is a genus of shark (Glyphus) that is entirely freshwater. It seems that if the cartilaginous fishes, which until recently were exclusively saltwater (as far as I know) are moving into freshwater, then the cephalopods should be able to also. The Atlantic Brief Squid (Lolliguncula brevis) is present in brackish water, including the Chesapeake Bay, which looks to me like the first step towards freshwater squid. :madsci:

It's unfortunate that this thread seems to have pretty much wound down. I really enjoy this kind of thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back