• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus]: Frank - O. vulgaris

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
I keep Koralias in with my octos but I put them in a zippered mesh media bag (link is an example, not a recommendation of seller). The bag does not zip fully shut over the cord but is enough to keep arms away from the impeller. You do have to clean it from time to time but the combination has worked well. I gave up on trying to use the magnets and just kind of wedge it into the live rock.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
May I move Frank's thread to the journals forum in hopes that you will continue sharing his adventures?

I would retitle the thread Frank - O. vulgaris but there is one other species that may be a distinct possibility. Look at some of the pictures of Margay and notice the distinct diamond shaped pattern of bumps on the mantle. The short arms and general look make me think Frank may be O. burryi (you will notice I originally labeled Margay as vulgaris). Margay was caught in the FL keys so TX is not out of the known range.

Kcraun76

Blue Ring
Registered
May I move Frank's thread to the journals forum in hopes that you will continue sharing his adventures?

I would retitle the thread Frank - O. vulgaris but there is one other species that may be a distinct possibility. Look at some of the pictures of Margay and notice the distinct diamond shaped pattern of bumps on the mantle. The short arms and general look make me think Frank may be O. burryi (you will notice I originally labeled Margay as vulgaris). Margay was caught in the FL keys so TX is not out of the known range.
OK sounds good!thank you!

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catifshconnoisseur

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak