Fossils/Pictures

Hi Michelle :welcome: to TONMO.

To post pictures of your fossils go to the manage attachments button in the additional options section just below the reply to thread section.

this opens a pop-up window

pick the browse button, find your file, then pick the upload button.

You may have to disable any pop-up blocker you have running.

I think there is a size limit so try to resize any large pics to 500 pixels wide or less. Pictures 500 pixels wide or less don't foul-up the look of the page either :smile:

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I hope you like my fossils :smile:

Attachments

• conv_288012.jpg
    conv_288012.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 87
  • conv_288013.jpg
    conv_288013.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 103
  • conv_288014.jpg
    conv_288014.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 95
Hi Michelle, and a great big welcome to TONMO!

Thaks very much for posting your fantastic ammonite images. Did you find these or buy them? Do you have any details about the types of ammonites they are or where they were found?

:ammonite:

Hi Phil.
I found all of these myself and my friend helped me prep them as I had not done that before.
The Multi blocks of ammonites are Kosmeras Jason Maroconchs and Microconchs preserved in calcite and argonite Age...Middle Jurassic Callovian. Lower Oxford Clay..Peterborough formation wiltshire.

I have only just started learning about the geologly of fossils etc.
I started collecting

OOOPS!! again!! sorry for wasting all of your space here I am not to good at this forum lark yet.

The other Ammonite is as follows... Kepplerities Age...Middle Jurrasic Collovian 165 million years this time from the kelloway beds in wiltshire....this specimen is preserved as calcite.

I started collecting fossils some five years ago when I moved down to the very south coast of the U.K. with my family after a long illness...my collection was very crude untill I had the good fortune to hook up with someone who had more knowledge than me and some prepping tools! I do sometimes sell a few specimens on the markets down here in the summer, mostly single ammonites..the children like those best.
I have what I think is an interesting collection and will post some more pictures for you over the week end.
Michelle.

Phil, someone has justed opened their Tonmo account with a BANG !
Superb multi blocks :notworth:
:welcome: Michelle from sunny France
Sorry to sound like an anorak Michelle, but I have the prep bug (novice) so have to ask what kit you're using or I'll not sleep.

Keef

Hi Keef.

Thank you for your words:smile:

I use an Pneumatic Airscribe..Air Chisel...Dont know which type I have never looked to be honest with you. The Ammonite has plain old bee's wax on it. We use a lot of polishes and suchlike on the Ammonites.

Michelle :smile:

:welcome: Miashelle

Your Ammonites are beautiful! The only thing I ever found have been bivalves and the odd brachiopod....totally :mrgreen:

The worst is I know there are ammonites etc somewhere around here cos the local museum has some beauties....but the site is a closely guarded secret!!!!!

J

spartacus said:
Phil, someone has justed opened their Tonmo account with a BANG !

I'll say Keef!

Again, thanks for posting these stunning specimens. You've performed a fantastic prep job on them. Do you by any chance have any interesting photos of a Kosmoceras microconch with pronounced lappets? I couldn't spot any in the photo, but they could be there. That really would be quite something to find.

Cheers!

Hi Michelle,

Those are great pictures. Is there any chance of larger versions, as the thumbnails are the same size as the linked picture? As long as you use .jpg images you shouldn't have any problems downloading larger images.

Come to think of it, why not put a few in the Gallery? We have not had any new fossils in there for quite some time.

Thanks again!

Do you by any chance have any interesting photos of a Kosmoceras microconch with pronounced lappets?

I may well have Phil..give me a few days to wade through the rock pile that is my garden and I am sure I can produce a specimen for you :biggrin2:

Those are great pictures. Is there any chance of larger versions, as the thumbnails are the same size as the linked picture?

Hmmmm I am not to good at the picture thing on here :hmm: Everytime I try to upload the full size pictures the box tells me that the files are too large! :confused:

I will have a go at the gallery in the next week.

Michelle :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back