Fossil Octopod middens

Huh, that's quite a theory. I'm not sure I understand why the Kenwood Beach formations can't be explained by sediment compaction or whatever. Need pics!! The most "elaborate" formations I've seen running this site has been generally nondescript piles of shell bits or whatever. Kind of like mounds outside of the den. By the description, this all sounds a bit more structured, but again pics would help.

I am very interested in this paper. Can anyone help me gain access to the full paper? Would love to see pictures. I am interested in finding fossil evidence of cephalopods in MD's miocene. So far I have not-other than this paper-found any fossils myself or seen online any such fossils. I have just located and bought fossil beaks from the spoil piles (Cretaceous) of the C & D canal. Any info any members could provide would be appreciated. I do a talk for the Natural History Society of Maryland on cephalopods-fossil and modern that focuses on their solution to the buoyancy problem and to attract people, a game showing 4 modern cephalopod eyes asking players to id the cephalopod (do this at shows where you only get a very limited time with them) I have used your site for info and inspiration. Congratulations. Tom

:welcome: Tom,

Unfortunately, this was just a presentation at the Geological Society of America's annual meeting last Fall. The paper, if they decide to write one, hasn't come out yet. All there is is this abstract.
Good luck with your talk, and hopefully someone with information will reply.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back