Fossil Nautilids

POD-L;129391 said:
Thanks Dwhatley,this fossil thing is a bit of an obsession,we can get totally in our own world, nice to know other people can appreciate what we find!:wink:

dwhatley;129394 said:
All things ceph seem to be that way :tentacle1:

Well I have a life outside of the ceph world... no, really, its drug induced :rainbow:

Nice fossils POD_L, I have never seen a reticulate pattern like that on a nautiloid, thats neat. :cool2:

below is a Eutrephoceras from the Santonian, notice the straight sutures, it is a little distorted, but not that much.

Attachments

• conv_293553.jpg
    conv_293553.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 136
Everytime ya'll post your finds, the first thing that comes to mind is, "What an interesting fireplace they could make!". Of course you could never sell the house after that (unless you had enough of a surplus to build another) :razz:

dwhatley;129401 said:
Everytime ya'll post your finds, the first thing that comes to mind is, "What an interesting fireplace they could make!". Of course you could never sell the house after that (unless you had enough of a surplus to build another) :razz:

Yea, a fireplace, two bedrooms, three walls out in the backyard and the field next door. It would be easier just to move out on an outcrop somewhere and build a new house out of fossils. :lol:

straight sutures

Architeuthoceras;129399 said:
Well I have a life outside of the ceph world... no, really, its drug induced :rainbow:

Nice fossils POD_L, I have never seen a reticulate pattern like that on a nautiloid, thats neat. :cool2:

below is a Eutrephoceras from the Santonian, notice the straight sutures, it is a little distorted, but not that much.
Yes I can see how straight the sutures are,great for comparison. We do have some like that , I have seen one example in another's collection with a super S suture, possibly Paracymatoceras.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back