Fossil Hooks

The best part about Cephalopod taxonomy is that some new student will look into it and it will all change.

The Fossil Coleoid Page and
The Fossil Nautiloid Page

have the latest (several) classification of coleoids and nautiloids, and a nit-picking page (I knew I read that before). I guess if there were more than just empty shells to study classification would be more stable.

:ammonite:

I've just read the debate...most interesting :wink: . I have not got a clue what it is, but it is flipping big to be a belemnite hook if you ask me, and too rounded. Still, I am probably wrong as usual. Anyone have any opinions?

hey guys
i have alot of hooks from belemnites that i have found here in peterborough. they are hard to keep complete but they are rare aswell. let me know if you would like a link to see 1 of mine that i have for sale on my website. but i dont want to advertise it i just want to show it.

fossilkid25 said:
but i dont want to advertise it i just want to show it.

Howdo Fossilkid,

Why not post a picture of your hooks here? We don't trade fossils on this site, but anything interesting to do with fossil cephalopods would be nice to see in this forum, especially unusual finds such as your hooks.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Fossilkid25
hey guys
i have alot of hooks from belemnites that i have found here in peterborough. they are hard to keep complete but they are rare aswell. let me know if you would like a link to see 1 of mine that i have for sale on my website. but i dont want to advertise it i just want to show it.

Hey Fossilkid,

Your belemnite hook is cool. I especially liked the photos of the belemnite phragmocone.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back